Welcome to the Society of Mayflower Descendants in the District of Columbia. This is a nonprofit organization with the following objectives and purposes:
1. To keep alive the memory of our Pilgrim Ancestors who were passengers on the Mayflower and landed at Plymouth, New England, December 1620.
2. To engage in educational, cultural, and historical activities that will perpetuate their fame.
3. To preserve their records, their history and all facts relating to them, their ancestors and posterity.
4. To collect, keep and protect books on Pilgrim history, genealogies, and family histories.
5. To maintain a library to safeguard such records and to make some available for educational and historical purposes.
6. To publish pertinent genealogies, registers, histories and other material in accordance with the educational aims of this Society.
7. In the event of the dissolution of this Society, the assets will be distributed for educational, charitable, and religious purposes by the Board of Assistants.